Open mic spots are now available for Bad Language in August. All you have to do is email us (email@example.com). That’s it. The event is at The Castle on Wednesday August 26th. Here’s how it works in more detail, all of which is on our open mic page:
– We are a literature night: poetry or prose.
– You don’t need to send us your work. Just email for a slot (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– If you email *before* the 10th, you’re too early.
– Come along. Delight us. Be the best you can be.
– There are ten open mic spaces available.
– Five of those spaces are reserved for people who have never performed with us before.
– Open mic spots are four minutes long. The time limit is self-policing. Don’t abuse it.
– No-one can perform for more than two events in a row.
– We have a reserve list, and often reserve listees do end up getting a spot.
– If you blow our socks off, we might book you for other, larger events elsewhere.
We’re posting this a day late because Fats is typing this from the Edinburgh Fringe. He’ll all be lah-de-dah annoying when he gets back home to Bad Language-land. Feel free to heckle him.